Only a short drive from Saikai National Park’s 99 Islands Pearl Resort, the Zoological and Botanical Garden Mori-kirara houses animals from all corners of the globe.
Small animal petting, the lion show and animal feeding shows are held throughout the day, however some experiences do require prebooking.
Ensure your place at the ticket booth to hand-feed the garden’s resident superstar, Hanako the elephant. Venture behind-the-scenes to prepare her food and then have her eating from your hand! Experiences are limited to 20 people and cost 300 yen. You can also watch penguins swim overhead at Japan’s largest single structure penguin house.
- Sasebo City & Saikai City
|Fees||Adult entry ￥820
Child entry ￥210 (children under the age of 3 enter for free)
Discount for groups of 15 or more
|Access information||Visitors to Kujukushima Pearl Sea Resort can take the free shuttle bus from outside Aquarium Umi-kirara. Show your ticket from Umi-kirara or Kujukushima Cruise to receive a discount on your entry price.|
|Open hours||9:00am - 5:15pm (last admission at 4:45pm)|
|Days Closed||Open every day of the year|
- NEARBY ATTRACTIONS
- 1Kujukushima Zoological and Botanical Gar...
- 2Kujuku Islands Oyster Festival - Winter ...
- 3Kujuku Islands Oyster Festival - Fall Ed...
- 4Kujuku-Shima （Ninety-Nine Islands）
- 5Kujukushima Aquarium Umi-kirara
- 6YUMIHARI NO OKA HOTEL
- 7YUMIHARINO OKA HOTEL
- 8Chisun Grand Sasebo
- 9Chisun Grand Sasebo
- 10Sasebo Tourist Information Center
- 11Yonka-cho arcade
- 12ＳＡＩＫＡＩ ＩＮＮ
- 13TOYOKO INN SASEBO EKIMAE
- 14Sanka-cho arcade
- 15SASEBO GREEN HOTEL
- 16CENTRAL HOTEL SASEBO
- 17CENTRAL HOTEL SASEBO
- 18HOTEL SUNROUTE SASEBO
- 19SASEBO WASHINGTON HOTEL
- 20SASEBO WASINGTON HOTEL
- 21Yosakoi Sasebo Festival
- 22HOTEL LOTUS HOUSE
- Barrier-free* This mark represents a wheelchair friendly facility. Nagasaki is well known for its non-wheelchair friendly terrain, with many slopes and a lot of stairs. The use of cabs and other vehicles are highly recommended.